LAAPFF Community Agreements
To ensure that our LAAPFF staff, artists, and audiences feel comfortable attending the Festival, we ask that everyone in the LAAPFF community do their part in creating an environment that is welcoming, safe, and inspiring by committing to the below LAAPFF Community Agreements. Please note that each venue may have its own health and safety guidelines and entry requirements that may supplement the following; provided, if there are any conflicting terms, then the venue’s guidelines will control:
- Duty to Self Monitor. Stay home if you are sick. To reduce your risk of catching or spreading illness, stay home if you feel sick, even if your symptoms are mild.
- Be fully vaccinated. Following recommendations of the LA County Department of Public Health, when attending our events, we ask that you please provide: confirmation that you have been fully vaccinated (two weeks from a single dose vaccine, two weeks from the second dose of a two dose vaccine, or two weeks from the booster dose of a vaccine). We will not store your vaccination information upon checking. If you were vaccinated in CA, downloading Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Records provided by the state are highly recommended. Please download your record from https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov
- Wear a face covering. To encourage the safety practices of our communities, masks are required to be worn when watching a film screening or panel at the theater. To maximize protection from the Coronavirus variants and prevent possibly spreading it to others, we encourage you to double mask while indoors.
- Practice social distancing. Please ensure that you practice social distancing by keeping 6 feet apart where possible. Avoid handshakes and hugs; instead, try a wave or nod.
- Wash or sanitize hands regularly. Clean your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer after contact with surfaces.
- Cover your coughs or sneezes with a tissue or your sleeve.
- Be mindful of the boundaries of others. Avoid unwelcome physical contact, unwelcome sexual attention, harassment, stalking, and inappropriate physical contact of any kind.
- Be inclusive and respectful of people of every race, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, age, physical appearance and body size, language spoken, and immigration or economic status. Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior or speech.
- Respect moderators, artists, and audience members. Please refrain from sustained disruption during film screenings and live events.
We look forward to celebrating our communities with you in person.